Few of us have perfect skin and can boast of the absence of such drawbacks as acne. In order to avoid this problem, various means are used to improve the skin condition. The modern beauty industry and pharmacology has long been looking for ways to get rid of acne, releasing drugs that are effective in dealing with skin imperfections. One such remedy is Tretinoin, which can be purchased in the form of Retin-A. This remedy has more than fifteen years of leading positions in the market for anti-acne preparations. Its effectiveness is proved not only by laboratory studies, but also by the feedback of people using this tool. It has keratolytic, anti-inflammatory, anti-seborrheic, antitumor and comedolytic effects. It activates maturation of epidermal cells on hair follicles. Regular use of Retin-A will reduce the density of adherence of cells and accelerate their maturation. Effectively treats open and closed acne. Retin-A cream and other forms is designed for local use.
It is one of the most effective means of fighting acne and other skin imperfections. The active substance of this drug is Tretinoin, which has been used for many years to combat eruptions on the face. Being an active substance, it penetrates into the skin cells and stops the processes of acne formation, and heals already existing ones.
If people with a large acne buy Retin-A, then when it is applied, the amount of acne is markedly reduced, the skin is smoothed out, and the traces of inflammation disappear. It is because of such an active action that this tool has such popularity and has not lost it for many years. In addition, Retin-A is not just a cosmetic, but also a medicament, which will permanently rid the skin of imperfections.
Retin-A medication is available in the form of creams and gels with different concentrations of active substance. The content of it in them is 0, 025%, 0.05% and 0.1%. For particularly problematic skin, you should choose the maximum concentration, but do not forget that the use of this product is undesirable for severe inflammations on the skin, as well as open wounds and irritations. Therefore, before you try a cream from acne, you need to pick the right concentration. The result of using this tool will be visible after two weeks of regular use.
The recent tradition of using cosmetics from the pharmacy as a cosmetic product is gaining momentum. How safe is Retin-A use, and why is it so effective? Leading dermatologists recognize that it is incredibly effective as an anti-aging remedy, like all Retin-A ointment and cream.
The fact is that pure vitamin A or Retin-A causes an increase in the number of basal cells that form the basis of the epidermis. Retin-A helps the skin itself to smooth out from the inside. With age, our skin becomes thinner precisely because the basal cells gradually die off. Stimulation of their growth renews the skin from the inside: young, healthy cells grow, and the surface layers of the skin actively peel off. In fact, wrinkles are simply erased from the face. In addition, it blocks the effects of enzymes that destroy collagen and elastin, and stimulates the production of hyaluronic acid, a natural moisturizer.
But also there are some Retin-A side effects:
1. The first and most important is the increase in photosensitivity of the skin. That is, with regular use of it, even on a cloudy winter day, you need a cream with an SPF factor of at least 30, otherwise the skin will have pigmented spots.
2. The second point: often Retin-A causes skin irritation, redness and peeling, as a strong peeling. In principle, this reaction is normal, gradually the skin gets used to the effects of the drug and calms down, but the itching and burning that occur in the first days can cause serious discomfort.
3. Retin-A exclude the use of other creams and lotions. That is, if you need a moisturizing or nourishing cream, you can apply it only after 10 or more hours after using Retin-A.
4. During the entire period of use of it is forbidden to use scrubs and alcohol-containing cosmetics.
The first effect of using a retinol-containing drug will be visible after 2-3 months, and the maximum after 2 years. That is, to use retinol for a month, and then stop, because you want to sunbathe - it's like you do not use the drug at all. In this case, constantly and daily use of retinol is also impossible: this will lead to overdrying of the skin.
Absolute contraindication is couperose. Vascular mesh, which appears when using tretinoin, is often irreversible. The optimal Retin-A dosage for using it looks like this:
- Use Retin-A at low concentrations 1-2 times a week to monitor the reaction and adaptation of the skin;
- Gradually switch to daily use;
- Increase the concentration to 0.2%;
- Continue to apply Retin-A daily before bedtime.
It is very important to apply it or another drug with a retinol base to a completely dry face after 15-30 minutes after washing. The whole face is enough "peas" cream; a thick layer will not make the drug more effective, but can seriously damage the skin.